- Join a Family Orientated Rapidly Growing Company
- Live in a Coastal, Lifestyle Rich Location
- Work with a Professional Team With Opportunity to Advance
GHS Engineering is a qualified access & hire, engineering and industrial solutions provider across regional Western Australia. A diversified and progressive business based in Geraldton, GHS Engineering through organic growth and acquisitions has emerged into a fully integrated, multidisciplinary service provider to the oil & gas, mining and construction sectors.
GHS Engineering leverages over 25 years of quality access, design, and engineering and construction experience with the knowledge to provide comprehensive, cost effective and innovative solutions to the benefit of our clients. Our success can be attributed to our team of professionals, delivering high quality outcomes, safely, on time and on budget.
GHS Engineering is an employer of choice offering full time positions in lifestyle rich Geraldton. Should you have the right attitude, skills and experience to contribute to this progressive team, we encourage you to apply.
SCAFFOLDING SITE SUPERVISOR - BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION
Purpose of Position
Site Supervisor's are the leaders of our scaffolding division with the responsibility to lead and supervise teams of scaffolders, keep all employees safe from harm and be the front line communication with customers of GHS Engineering.
Regional Western Australia, permanently based in Geraldton.
- Manage GHS Engineering Scaffolding Operations, including material and human resources on construction sites.
- Assist Senior Management
- Advanced Scaffolders are the leaders of our scaffolding division, therefore making them responsible for:
interpreting plans, regulations and codes of practice
preparing preliminary sketches, working drawings and specifications
preparing, editing and revising plans and drawings
coordinating works programs
inspecting work and materials for compliance with specifications, regulations and standards
calculating costs and estimating time scales
- Oversee scaffolders and other team members on site
- To act with integrity, honesty and ethically at all times
- Personally and as a team leader/supervisor, meet or exceed GHS or individual site Occupational Health and Safety requirements
Role Specific Competencies
- Managing performance - Applies clear/consistent performance standards, handles performance problems decisively and objectively, is direct but tactful, provides guidance and assistance to improve performance
- People Development - Provides feedback and coaching, rewards hard work, takes mentoring role, challenges and develops employees, accepts mistakes, provides visibility/opportunity
- Experience - Minimum 5 years scaffolding experience as a leading hand / site supervisor with experience in scaffolding/building/construction
- Construction Industry White Card (essential)
- Worksafe High Risk Licence - Scaffolding (essential)
- Worksafe High Risk Licence - Forklift (preferred)
- Worksafe High Risk Licence - Rigging (preferred)
- Drivers Licence - Truck Licence MR, preferably HR
- Current Working at Heights (essential)
- Current Confined Space (preferred)
- Police Clearance (essential)
If you are looking to take the next big step in your career, we want to hear from you!